Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Lemon Cream


I love smoked salmon but don't get to eat it very often because I don't eat
farmed salmon at all, for health reasons, and unfortunately most restaurants do not serve smoked wild salmon.

But a couple weeks ago In Trader Joe's I came across beautiful Smoked Wild Salmon from Alaska - the best kind! I wanted to make fluffy scrambled eggs topped with Wild Smoked Salmon and lemon cream.

I finally got to make it today and it was so damn good. And quite easy. It felt so gourmet! I used Meyer lemon because that's what I had on-hand and worked off a recipe from Bon Appetit which I have pasted below. I used 2% Greek Yogurt in place of the sour cream to make the calories a little lower and used half the amount of dried thyme in place of the fresh thyme. Lemony good and a perfect accompaniment for the smoked salmon.

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Lemon Cream

Sophisticated lemon cream makes these simple scrambled eggs dinner table-worthy. Be sure to use wild smoked salmon, preferably from Alaska. Wild salmon is sustainable, healthful—and delicious.
2 SERVINGS
  • PREP: 20 MINUTES
  • TOTAL: 20 MINUTES
February 2009

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel
  • 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon

PREPARATION

  • Mix sour cream, fresh lemon juice, finely grated lemon peel, and chopped fresh thyme in small bowl. Season lemon cream to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add thinly sliced green onion and sauté 1 minute. Add eggs; cook until almost set, stirring often, about 1 minute. Divide scrambled eggs between plates. Top scrambled eggs with thinly sliced smoked salmon; drizzle with lemon cream and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Deelish! I also realize how important the name of a recipe is and how you describe cooking it. It's getting late here and I'm drawing a blank on examples, but I think you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete